Welcome to BCA’s Kindergarten Program!
radford Christian Academy’s Kindergarten program nurtures and prepares students for first grade in a small class setting that provides individualized attention to build student confidence and to fuel young learners’ innate curiosity.
In BCA’s Kindergarten classroom, students grow in their love for God and His creation through daily interaction with God’s Word and practical application of His Word in relationship with Him, peers, and teachers.
Want to learn more about BCA? Download your Parent Information Packet Now!
Hello BCA Kindergarten Families,
My name is Mrs. Gilbert, and I am so excited to be your kindergarten teacher! I am a Bradford Christian Academy alumna, and I am thrilled to be a part of this amazing community!
After graduating from Bradford Christian Academy in 2008, I went on to attend Eastern University located in St. David, Pennsylvania. Since receiving my bachelor’s degree in 2012, I have been working in the early education field and loving every minute of teaching young students!
For the past eight years I have been teaching pre-kindergarten, spending the last three years at an elementary school located in Boston, MA. I love using creative and fun ideas to teach math, science, and English language arts! I am a big believer in learning through hands-on activities and play, all while intertwining healthy social-emotional skills.
When I am not teaching, I enjoy spending time with my husband and our two children, Jovie, age 2, and Jude, who is 3 months old. We love to travel and spend as much time as we can outdoors!
There is so much learning and growing to look forward to in our Kindergarten program. I cannot wait to be a part of this journey with you!
Want to learn more about our kindergarten teacher? Click here to watch a replay of the Facebook live interview with Mrs. Gilbert!
A message from Scott Sullivan, Lower School Principal
am so happy to welcome you as you begin to explore Bradford Christian Academy’s wonderful Kindergarten program. There has never been a more important time to ensure that your child begins their educational experience on a firm foundation. In BCA’s amazing Kindergarten, your child will use their unique, God-given gifts as they become part of a community that practices cooperation, patience, motivation, and perseverance.
BCA’s commitment to small class sizes directly contributes to our strong sense of community. Teachers and staff truly know each student and embrace the mission of helping them become the people God has designed them to be. Bradford Christian Academy is where students feel cared about, nurtured, and loved, and where lifelong friendships are forged. This journey takes its most important first steps in kindergarten.
If you want your child to be in a Kindergarten program that offers…
- A literature-rich classroom engaging students to the wonders found in books
- Literacy acquisition using Fundations®, a recognized leader in multi-sensory, structured language programs
- Strong introduction to mathematical concepts and number fluency
- Hands-on science learning
- Cultivation of creativity and inquisitiveness through meaningful engagement in the arts, literature, and world languages
- Daily Bible lessons, prayer time, and connections to faith and learning across subjects
- Weekly art and music
- Technology integration
- Daily play times
- Extended day for working families
And if you want your child to be in an environment that…
- Truly nurtures and cares about each student as a whole person
- Attends to faith and character development
- Fosters wholesome friendships and social skills in a small class environment
- Equips every student with a solid academic foundation for a life of learning and discovery
- Invites you to be an active partner in the school community
- Challenges students to develop their potential while respecting the natural developmental stages unique to each individual
…then BCA is the school for you and your family.
We invite you to become a part of this dynamic community of students, families, faculty, and alumni who are making a difference in the world. Please let me know how I can assist you as you begin to experience what makes Bradford Christian Academy so unique!