Kindergarten Opening Fall 2020!
radford Christian Academy is overjoyed to open full-day Kindergarten next school year. Our Kindergarten program will nurture and prepare students for first grade in a small class setting that provides individualized attention to build student confidence and to fuel young learners’ innate curiosity.
In BCA’s Kindergarten classroom, students will grow in their love for God and His creation through daily interaction with God’s Word and practical application of His Word in relationship with Him, peers, and teachers.
Want to learn more about our kindergarten teacher? Click here to watch a replay of the Facebook live interview with Mrs. Gilbert!
Hello BCA Kindergarten Families,
My name is Mrs. Gilbert, and I am so excited to be your kindergarten teacher for the upcoming school year! I am a Bradford Christian Academy alumna, and I am thrilled to be back and be a part of this amazing community!
After graduating from Bradford Christian Academy in 2008, I went on to attend Eastern University located in St. David, Pennsylvania. Since receiving my bachelor’s degree in 2012, I have been working in the early education field and loving every minute of teaching young students!
For the past eight years I have been teaching pre-kindergarten, spending the last three years at an elementary school located in Boston, MA. I love using creative and fun ideas to teach math, science, and English language arts! I am a big believer in learning through hands-on activities and play, all while intertwining healthy social-emotional skills.
When I am not teaching, I enjoy spending time with my husband and our two children, Jovie, age 2, and Jude, who is 3 months old. We love to travel and spend as much time as we can outdoors!
There is so much learning and growing to look forward to during this upcoming school year! I cannot wait to be a part of this journey with you!
A message from Margaret Cottrell, Dean of the Lower School
n behalf of the Bradford Christian Academy community, I thank you for your interest in our Kindergarten program. After spending more than 20 years in elementary and middle school education, I know the importance of establishing a strong educational foundation for our children. Next to parents and family, our children’s school is the most significant, shaping influence of their lives.
BCA’s commitment to small class sizes and a small overall school size directly contribute to our strong sense of community where teachers and staff truly know their students and help develop them into the young men and women God intended them to be. BCA is a community where students feel cared about and and like they belong, where they feel nurtured and loved, and where lifelong friendships are forged.
BCA has graduated over 230 students, preparing them for admission into the most distinguished colleges and universities. (For a list of the colleges our students have been accepted to, please click here.) BCA has developed an award-winning performing arts program, a championship NEPSAC athletics program, and has received accreditation from the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
In response to the continued success of Bradford Christian Academy, we are thrilled to announce the addition of BCA’s Kindergarten program, beginning in the 2020–2021 school year.
If you want your child to be in a Kindergarten program that offers…
- A literature-rich classroom engaging students to the wonders found in books
- Literacy acquisition using Fundations®, a recognized leader in multi-sensory, structured language programs
- Strong introduction to mathematical concepts and number fluency
- Hands-on science learning
- Cultivation of creativity and inquisitiveness through meaningful engagement in the arts, literature, and world languages
- Daily Bible lessons, prayer time, and connections to faith and learning across subjects
- Weekly art and music
- Technology integration
- Daily play times
- Extended day for working families
And you want your child to be in an environment that…
- Truly nurtures and cares about each student as a whole person
- Attends to faith and character development
- Fosters wholesome friendships and social skills in a small class environment
- Equips every student with a solid academic foundation for a life of learning and discovery
- Invites you to be an active partner in the school community
- Challenges students to develop their potential while respecting the natural developmental stages unique to each individual
…then BCA is the school for you and your family.
Bradford Christian Academy brings together caring, experienced teachers and proven, research-based instruction to engage your child in early and lasting school success.
We invite you to become a part of this dynamic community of students, families, faculty, and alumni who are making a difference in the world.