Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement for the BCA Athletics Program
with the understanding that I,
agree to the terms listed below regarding liability, assumption of risk and the indemnity agreement details that are listed below.,
Waiver: In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in BCA Athletics, I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives or assigns, do hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Bradford Christian Academy and its owners, agents, officers and employees from liability from any and all claims resulting in personal injury, accidents or illnesses (including death), and property loss arising from, but not limited to, participation in the BCA Athletics Program
Assumption of Risks: Participation in the BCA Athletics Program carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary from one activity to another, but the risks range from 1) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises, and sprains to 2) major injuries such as eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, heart attacks, and concussions to 3) catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death. I understand that sports requires a minimum level of fitness for safe participation and that the BCA Athletics Program requires all participants to have a physical examination in the year previous to the beginning of the sport to ensure healthy activity. I have read the previous paragraphs and I know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in the BCA Athletics Program. I hereby assert that my participation is voluntary and that I knowingly assume all such risks
Indemnification and Hold Harmless: I also agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD Bradford Christian Academy and its owners, agents, officers and employees HARMLESS from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought as a result of my involvement in the BCA Athletics Program and to reimburse them for any such expenses incurred
Transportation Waiver and Release of Liability: In consideration of BCA Athletics furnishing transportation services to my child in conjunction with BCA Athletics activities, I, on behalf of myself, my child, and our respective representatives and heirs, authorize BCA to and request that BCA provide transportation services to my child in conjunction with BCA Athletics activities, and hereby voluntarily release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Bradford Christian Academy and its owners, agents, officers and employees from and against any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise as a result of the providing of transportation services to my child in conjunction with BCA Athletics activities including without limitation transportation to, from or during any athletic activity whether with parent transportation or by bus. I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging and waiving any claim or actions that I may have presently or in the future for the acts or other conduct by the owners, agents, officers or employees of Bradford Christian Academy.
Severability: The undersigned further expressly agrees that the foregoing waiver and assumption of risks agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Massachusetts and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Photo Release: I authorize Bradford Christian Academy to use my or my child’s photo for reproduction in any manner BCA Athletics desires such as advertising, display, audio-visual, exhibition or editorial use.
Athlete’s Acknowledgment of Understanding: (only complete if 18 or over): By signing in the signature field below, you verify your agreement with this statement.
I have read this waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue. I acknowledge that I am signing the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
Parent or Guardian: By signing in the signature field below, you verify your agreement with this statement.
I am the parent or legal guardian of the above named minor child and, as such, I am authorized to enter into this agreement. I agree that my minor child and I are bound by and subject to the terms of this agreement. I understand that my signature here reflects my agreement to hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Bradford Christian Academy and its owners, agents, officers and employees from liability from any and all claims resulting in personal injury, accidents or illnesses (including death), and property loss arising from, but not limited to, participation in the BCA Athletics Program.
BCA Athletic Expectations
- Attend all athletic events (practices and games) and be on time.
- Communicate any absence from a practice or game with the coach directly before or by 10:30 on the day.
- Respect your teammates.
- Respect your coaches, parents, opponents, referees, fans and others.
- Work Hard! Everyone has different skill levels, work the hardest that you are capable of at all times
- Put team success above individual achievement.
- Represent yourself and BCA positively at all times.
- Understand that these expectations are critical to team success. Failure to adhere to these expectations may result in loss of playing time and/or removal from team at the discretion of coaches and/or BCA administration.
- Play Hard! Have Fun!
- Support your student's efforts toward success.
- Encourage a positive environment that is conducive to the development of the team, not just your individual athlete.
- Treat all coaching staff and referees with respect.
- Assure that your student will attend all practices and games. Understand that all practices and games are mandatory. If a student has an excused absence for illness please communicate the absence by 10:30 am.
- Join us to build the BCA community!
Communication Parents should expect from our Coaching staff:
- Weekly emails sent out on Sunday afternoon that detail out the schedule for the upcoming week to include:
- Locations and times of all practices and games
- Upcoming team events
- Transportation plans
- Team requirements
- Situations with your student that may require parental involvement
Appropriate concerns to discuss with the Coaching staff:
- Situations involving your student (heath, personal issues, etc)
- Your student's attitude, work ethic, and eligibility.
Issues that are not appropriate to discuss with the coaching staff:
- Playing time of any student-athlete, including your own.
- Team strategy, practice organization, or game management
- Other student-athletes
Procedures to follow if there is a concern to discuss:
- Your student should speak to the coach about an issue, before you intervene. This will help the athletes as they continue to grow into young adults
- Contact the coach to set up a meeting
*Please do not approach a coach with an issue before or after a game or practice.
Meetings of this nature normally do not assist in creating a resolution to the situation.